Don Bodin's Music, Life and Art Blog

Composer/Artist Don Bodin's account of real life adventures as he sails the sea of music, movies, games, art, life and living with a passion for creation and a need to pay his rent.

11/23/08

Above the Line, Below the cut : First Hollywood Premier


Went to the Mexican Gangster movie premier the other night. This was the first film I have scored that had a full blown premier with a red carpet and photographers and everything. I showed up dressed nicely and even walked the red carpet. So this morning I decided to do a quick wireimage (wireimage.com) search and see if I could find a nice picture of me with a celebrity on the red carpet to send to mom and dad. It looks like I didn't make the cut.

Here you can see Director Damian Chapa with Miss Maribel Montalvo (3rd place Miss Universe) Isn't that a nice shot? I was just off to the left out of frame. I even posed with a couple other 'celebrities' and models . but alas no photos of me.

As a composer, we have such a responsibility to the film / project. Composers can really add life and emotion or f&@k the whole thing up and really detract from the film. The composers get above the line billing (under the actors and directors) because it is recognized that we provide another character to the film, and much of the emotion.

After the screening I ran into a few producers who I have meet before. One of them gave a my music such a huge compliment I am embarred to quote it . I take most 'LA' peoples comments with a grain of salt. But he was right, I did a great job delivering 90 minuted of music in the 10days I had to work on the film and I am happy I was able to serve the film and enhance it.

So I am sorry mom and dad, I am afraid you will have to except this bad photoshop job as proof of my first big hollywood premier.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home